12.29.2008

Sparkle & Purple

Before the poem, another great event going on Tuesday Dec 30 at Busboys & Poets at 5th and K. Sparkle is a queer driven reading and open mic that will start at 8:30 pm. and will be hosted by Regie Cabico.

A hot little poem bout me:

My life is a hot mess too untamed for Crayola definitions
Purple
The sunset of summers spent on hallowed back porches
Splintered tongues twisting around
Eggplant shells
Secrets captured in wooden walls

Orchids dancing through the garden
Carefree, Rare
Hard to raise
O’Keefe
Relief
Like female

My life is a sprinkler’s sunbeam reflection
Clinging closer to greens than blues
That hue
That keeps the splash behind my eyes
Reeling
On nights I fight shadeless dreams

My life is that sacred cup
The perfect buzz
Bring it to your nose
Inhale
That’s some good shit

My life is purple
Propelled permanently towards the next freeway
Past comfortable
And straight on till morning.

Plucking past lives like orchids
To create the radiant light
That is my life’s backlit TV screen
Glowing off
Your now sleeping face.

Purple haze
Purple nonsense
Dancing around #107
That moment that sheds the reds ad blues
From my day’s hand worn blisters.

Purple heat
Screaming through the walls of the apartment
Like static.

Like something barely palpable
But violent violet
Like magenta

Like a shade so familiar
Yet so undefined.

2 comments: