12.08.2008

The Point is Not Me, The Point is the Poetry

So people have been asking me when they can see me perform (and by people I mean 3-4). The problem is, I am not yet of feature status, open mic lists are unpredictable and I usually don't know what what my plans are until I'm doing them. But today I thought to myself, screw it, I am going to start putting events up. Even if I don't make it on the mic, it will be cool for everyone to know of upcoming poetry events.

I had been emailing with Danielle of MotherTongue earlier this morning and she let me know she would be performing at The Guerilla Poetry Insurgency open mic tonight at 7pm at Bossa in Adam's Morgan (my new neighborhood)! I will try to make it on the open mic list in which case I will perform the Seattle poem. I think.

Tomorrow night is the regular open mic at Busboys and Poets on 14th & V. It starts at 9pm, but you should get there at 8pm for wristbands, getting a seat, etc. Very cool poets and a cool vibe there, but Bossa will likely be more low key.

I am pretty excited about tonight so please don't hesistate to join. TK and I will be there at 7pm.

No comments: