10.17.2008

Ain't Nothin But A She Thing


For months, I have been hearing about this woman's poetry group that Talya's former boss' partner Ruth (breathe) founded here in DC. On Wednesday, Talya and I finally ventured to the Black Cat for Mothertongue's 10th Anniversary open mic and event. It was really the energy, vibe and intense poetry that I've been searching for in this city and it was wonderful to be surrounded by smart, beautiful women especially since there are really so few represented in poetry (end fem rant). Excited to get involved (and super excited that they are bringing out Seattle poet Karen Finneyfrock in November)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you're ever on an open mic in the area, let me know and I'll make it out! (If you're wondering why I responded so quickly, I subscribe to your blog's feed through the top bar of my gmail -- you should have your friends do it by going to the "settings" link at the top of the page, and then the "web clips" tab)