6.01.2009

Exquisite Corpse

Gowri and I met this Sunday to do some writing. Both out of practice and out of it in general, we decided to kick off with the session with an exercise of writing known as an Exquisite Corpse. She started with two lines and folded over the paper so I could only see the second line. Then I wrote two lines off her one line and passed the paper back to her with only my second line visible. We did this until we got to the end of the page and here's what happened. Not too shabby.

blades whirring making breeze
blow right by me wind walking
let your dust get in my eyes
i no longer see right through you
but can you see into me into
the guts whose substance is beyond beauty
you are the cancer of my organs
until everything inside is dysfunctional and black
don't look back look ahead it's not
useless to make plans just don't get attached
don't marionette yourself to this
pretend, with me, that we never have to play grown up
just sit by me 'cause time will
take its toll on us whether we move or not
pay the toll man, phantom and weary
pass go and collect what's left of your pieces

1 comment:

J. Brody said...

i like it!
"don't marionette yourself to this"